Design Exchange Nottingham (DXN) is a free meetup about design, which is held on the second Wednesday of each month at Antenna.
We host insightful talks by some of the best speakers from the local area and beyond. There’s also the opportunity to meet fellow designers, share announcements, and enjoy a drink on us.
What is the purpose of DXN?
Nottingham has a long tradition of creative industry, from Victorian era lace mills through to today’s thriving digital industry. Working within the innovative Creative Quarter, we saw the benefits a recurring grass roots event would offer to people working in creative roles. We organise and fund the event to achieve the following aims:
- Provide an inclusive venue for Nottingham’s digital workers to meet, build new relationships, and ultimately form a supportive community that grows together
- Make it easier to access talks from industry-leading speakers, improving the skills and knowledge of the local workforce and stimulating conversations
- Engage with students studying locally, supplementing their education, connecting them to employers, and encouraging them to stay in Nottingham to work
What topics are covered?
We believe today’s designers draw on a range of skills and influences, so we want to present an equally broad range of topics, including but not limited to:
- Accessibility and inclusion
- Client and project management
- Collaboration and communication
- Content strategy and copywriting
- Front-end development
- Product and service design
- User experience and research
Who should attend?
Our audience is not limited to designers. We welcome people from many different backgrounds who are looking to expand their knowledge of design and technology, including developers, managers, marketers, and students. DXN is a great place to meet new people and share ideas.
Who organises DXN?
The meetup was founded by Jamie Huskisson and Joseph Russell. They continue to organise the event along with Cate McLoughlin, Hannah Dobney, and Phoebe Haig. During the day, we all work together at JH, a digital agency that specialises in creating ecommerce websites. Between us, we have several years of experience running local events.